I've been nostalgic lately.......again.
Wondering about the past and how it has shaped the present.
I wonder how differently thinks would have turned out-
- if we had never left bangladesh,
- if the gulf war never happened,
- if we never went back to kuwait,
- if we never moved to canada,
- if I had gone to McMaster instead of UofT,
- if I had switched my major to comp sci like everyone was telling me to,
- if I had fallen in love in those undergrad years,
- if I had never got the work study placement,
- if I never moved out.
I think if the first four things had never happened, I would have probaly grown up more religious, studious and a little more prudish in Bangladesh; become a doctor, had an arrainged marriage, a kid (boy) and been fatter than I am now ;)
I don't know how differently things would have turned out in Canada had I gone to McMaster, but I am thankful that I didn't listen to people and switch my major. I would have been like these poor souls , only Canadian.
All in all, can't say I'm entirely dissatisfied with the way things turned out. I've seen and done a lof of things I'm happy about and some I'm not......still could have been worse...I could have been fatter ;)