You Are a Katharine!
You are a Katharine -- "I am happy and open to new things"
Katharines are energetic, lively, and optimistic. They want to contribute to the world.
How to Get Along with Me
- * Give me companionship, affection, and freedom.
- * Engage with me in stimulating conversation and laughter.
- * Appreciate my grand visions and listen to my stories.
- * Don't try to change my style. Accept me the way I am.
- * Be responsible for youself. I dislike clingy or needy people.
- * Don't tell me what to do.
What I Like About Being a Katharine
- * being optimistic and not letting life's troubles get me down
- * being spontaneous and free-spirited
- * being outspoken and outrageous. It's part of the fun.
- * being generous and trying to make the world a better place
- * having the guts to take risks and to try exciting adventures
- * having such varied interests and abilities
What's Hard About Being a Katharine
- * not having enough time to do all the things I want
- * not completing things I start
- * not being able to profit from the benefits that come from specializing; not making a commitment to a career
- * having a tendency to be ungrounded; getting lost in plans or fantasies
- * feeling confined when I'm in a one-to-one relationship
Katharines as Children Often
- * are action oriented and adventuresome
- * drum up excitement
- * prefer being with other children to being alone
- * finesse their way around adults
- * dream of the freedom they'll have when they grow up
Katharines as Parents
- * are often enthusiastic and generous
- * want their children to be exposed to many adventures in life
- * may be too busy with their own activities to be attentive
New year's resolution (part 2)
For 2009, I have the usual resolutions to lose weight, do something productive like volunteering and writing etc, but couldn't think of anything new until now. But I need all your good vibes for this one.
"I want to adopt three house plants and make sure they live to see January 2010"
Why the drama? Well, you might not know this but I have the blackest of thumbs. Meaning- not only do I kill off any plants that I'm held responsible for, but even plants that I offer as gifts to others! My problem is that I just never remember to water plants - if only they could make sounds and drag me to the watering jug like Tusch does when his bowl is empty. I've had a strict rule for avoiding nursaries and telling my parents to never leave me in charge of their plants.
Now my apartment has these beautiful windows and corners that will be perfect for plants which is making me rethink. A new year means doing something new for me. So I will attempt to raise three plans and not kill them. I'm thinking of naming them -
- Blinky (coz its cute),
- Pinky (coz my parents might have given me that nickname to match my sister's, so that's me in an alternate universe) andI figure if I can remember to water one, I can do three at once.
- Paulo (named by Sim for 'Paulo the midget')
If anyone has any suggestion for plants that are easy to take care of and not poisonous to cats (in fact not attractive to cats period)- please please please leave me a comment!
Thanks and pray for my three future plant babies!
9 random things about going into 2009
Best thing about 2009 so far has been my move into a cute downtown apartment with a fantastic view! This time I actually have some matching furniture (thanks Soph) and I'm still reeling from the shock. But it comes with a price, coz I'm really missing my mother (I know, total loser).. hoping she's doing alright with a totally empty nest.
I have also given up on making sense of what all the awful BS of 2008 meant and just hoping 2009 is even marginally better. So here's the transition in nines-
1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
Watched 9 naked boys, singing and dancing on stage (no not that kind of a show, it was a Broadway musical!)
2. Did you make any new year’s resolutions that you actually intend to keep in 2009?
I'm hoping to be a size 8 for my birthday. To achieve it I've put both myself and my cat on a diet! I can't bear to find out just how much I've gained, but poor Tusch had quite the difficulty fitting in his carrier for the move. I'm also once again resolving to get involved in more volunteer work. Lastly, I want to start a second blog on a totally different topic.
3. What countries did you visit last year?
United States (twice)
4. In 2008, what was the best book you read?
Its hard to say which one I liked better, but I loved Miriam Toews's "A Complicated Kindness" and Rabindranath's "Home and the World"
5. What was your favorite film of 2008?
"Amal" *update: and"Wall-E"
6. Do you hate anyone now that you did not hate this time last year?
Yes and I'm still trying to forgive.
7. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
b) thinner or fatter?
c) richer or poorer?
Sadder, fatter but richer thanks to living at home and saving.
8. What did you get really, really, really excited about last year?
Obama winning the US elections
9. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
A positive perspective
What would be your answer to#9?