Sunshine Too Brief

NYE_2008Portrait

All Contents copyright of
Tazzy at
tashuq78@gmail.com


I'm a self-absorbed Bengali-Torontonian;
Fish comes to me raw, wrappend in seaweed, not cooked in curry;
I love watching thunderstorms and rain;
Sad endings make more sense to me than happy ones;
I hate empty walls.

In the News

Craving of the week-
Dark Chocolate
Reading List-
Midnight's Children
Movie review(out of 5)-
127 hours- *****
Buried- ****
That Girl in Yellow Boots- **
Love of the week-
Seeing James Franco
Aim for the weekend-
Watch 'Going Postal' The Movie

My Novella: Samosa for the Arranged Souls

Introduction & Chapter 1

Chapter 2

Chapters 3, 4 & 5

Chapter 6

Chapter 6 continues

Chapter 7 & Epilogue


Archives
  • May 2004
  • June 2004
  • July 2004
  • August 2004
  • September 2004
  • October 2004
  • November 2004
  • December 2004
  • January 2005
  • February 2005
  • March 2005
  • April 2005
  • May 2005
  • June 2005
  • July 2005
  • August 2005
  • September 2005
  • October 2005
  • November 2005
  • December 2005
  • January 2006
  • February 2006
  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • October 2006
  • November 2006
  • December 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • November 2007
  • December 2007
  • January 2008
  • February 2008
  • May 2008
  • June 2008
  • July 2008
  • August 2008
  • September 2008
  • October 2008
  • November 2008
  • December 2008
  • January 2009
  • February 2009
  • March 2009
  • May 2009
  • July 2009
  • October 2009
  • November 2009
  • December 2009
  • January 2010
  • February 2010
  • March 2010
  • April 2010
  • May 2010
  • July 2010
  • May 2011



  • Friends & Daily Reads

    Qeta
    Zee
    Isheeta
    Diane
    Samosa
    Brainy Jane
    Megaphone Diaries
    Third World View
    Daily Dose of Imagery
    Bangladesh Photography
    Postsecret
    Passive Aggressive Notes
    Fug Yourself
    @Tremendous News
    Global Voices
    Cake Wrecks


    Listings and Credits

    Powered by Blogger
    Blog designer @blogskins.com
    Daily Dose of Imagery for side-panel picture
    Flickr Beta


    Thanks! You are my visitor number,

    Wednesday

    Dear Blog,


    How horribly lazy I've been about keeping this blog updated!
    True that it's not a journal for me(meaning I'm not using my keyboard/pen as a knife to plunge into the rotting corpse that is life), but since nothing seemed to have gotten me chuckling lately , except maybe Sim making gaga eyes at Sanjay Dutt (some Bollywood actor) over in Bangladesh, I'm here to report my daily activities.

    So what's been happening?
    well, I'm trying to overcome my fear of sidewalks.
    Last time(thursday) I trekked to work, the sidewalk came up to meet my solid ass, throwing my tailbone out of gear.
    Result: The one block to the bus stop has now become the path to Mordor for me.
    If you happen to be driving on Eglington Ave lately, you might notice the pudgy girl in mismatched gloves(I've lost four pairs already) walking on the street/around lamppost/gardens/over parked cars -anywhere but the sidewalk.
    The only positive thing that came out of the whole nuisance concerns my fridge.
    Its full.
    More full than it has been since I moved in I'm sure.
    I'm taking full advantage of the eastern sensibilities of my loving family. :)
    Even my sister came down from the fluffy clouds that is 'marital bliss in boonieville' to bake some chicken for me on sunday. My brother-in-law came with her and is planning to take away one of my paintings by force. A weirdo that one.

    Once I stopped walking in a hunch, I went to see a movie. By myself.
    Why? Two reasons- no one I know wanted to watch this sad movie(Hotel Rwanda, yes it was VERY sad) and I on the other hand, didn't want to watch another concerned face every time I winced while sitting down.
    I'm glad I was by myself crying my brains out.
    I won't go further with reviewing the movie, you'll need to see it to feel what I felt walking out of the theatre with my heart in my gut.

    Nyway, moving to selfishly happy events- going to the Raghav concert at the Docks Friday night. Not my usual kind of music - but then I don't have restrictive ears. The guy is SOOOOOOOOO CUTE too; filled with self-importance but cute.

    Tonight: Salsa class. Hope the salsa-gods are with me tonight and I won't get stuck with Sandpaper-Hands-Pervy as a partner for the whole class. Please please pleast let it be Cole- the tall dreamy Indian guy.
    *sigh*
    Did I mention how much I'm crushing on him? I'm sure I did.
    *wondering if he is reading this*
    :D

    Right. Back to PubMed-ing "effort in fMRI".
    Gawd I realized recently just how insane it is to describe what I do to non-Imaging person.

    2 Comments:

    At 11:51 p.m., February 24, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    glad to have made u chuckle :P i have to say ur blog cracks me up these days !:) hope ur cole notices ur crush and reciprocates! life's so boring here *sigh* EMAIL me

     
    At 11:52 p.m., February 24, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    oh that was me :) simika

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home