9 random things about going into 2009
Best thing about 2009 so far has been my move into a cute downtown apartment with a fantastic view! This time I actually have some matching furniture (thanks Soph) and I'm still reeling from the shock. But it comes with a price, coz I'm really missing my mother (I know, total loser).. hoping she's doing alright with a totally empty nest.
I have also given up on making sense of what all the awful BS of 2008 meant and just hoping 2009 is even marginally better. So here's the transition in nines-
1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
Watched 9 naked boys, singing and dancing on stage (no not that kind of a show, it was a Broadway musical!)
2. Did you make any new year’s resolutions that you actually intend to keep in 2009?
I'm hoping to be a size 8 for my birthday. To achieve it I've put both myself and my cat on a diet! I can't bear to find out just how much I've gained, but poor Tusch had quite the difficulty fitting in his carrier for the move. I'm also once again resolving to get involved in more volunteer work. Lastly, I want to start a second blog on a totally different topic.
3. What countries did you visit last year?
United States (twice)
4. In 2008, what was the best book you read?
Its hard to say which one I liked better, but I loved Miriam Toews's "A Complicated Kindness" and Rabindranath's "Home and the World"
5. What was your favorite film of 2008?
"Amal" *update: and"Wall-E"
6. Do you hate anyone now that you did not hate this time last year?
Yes and I'm still trying to forgive.
7. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
b) thinner or fatter?
c) richer or poorer?
Sadder, fatter but richer thanks to living at home and saving.
8. What did you get really, really, really excited about last year?
Obama winning the US elections
9. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
A positive perspective
What would be your answer to#9?