Sunshine Too Brief

NYE_2008Portrait

All Contents copyright of
Tazzy at
tashuq78@gmail.com


I'm a self-absorbed Bengali-Torontonian;
Fish comes to me raw, wrappend in seaweed, not cooked in curry;
I love watching thunderstorms and rain;
Sad endings make more sense to me than happy ones;
I hate empty walls.

In the News

Craving of the week-
Dark Chocolate
Reading List-
Midnight's Children
Movie review(out of 5)-
127 hours- *****
Buried- ****
That Girl in Yellow Boots- **
Love of the week-
Seeing James Franco
Aim for the weekend-
Watch 'Going Postal' The Movie

My Novella: Samosa for the Arranged Souls

Introduction & Chapter 1

Chapter 2

Chapters 3, 4 & 5

Chapter 6

Chapter 6 continues

Chapter 7 & Epilogue


Archives
  • May 2004
  • June 2004
  • July 2004
  • August 2004
  • September 2004
  • October 2004
  • November 2004
  • December 2004
  • January 2005
  • February 2005
  • March 2005
  • April 2005
  • May 2005
  • June 2005
  • July 2005
  • August 2005
  • September 2005
  • October 2005
  • November 2005
  • December 2005
  • January 2006
  • February 2006
  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • October 2006
  • November 2006
  • December 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • November 2007
  • December 2007
  • January 2008
  • February 2008
  • May 2008
  • June 2008
  • July 2008
  • August 2008
  • September 2008
  • October 2008
  • November 2008
  • December 2008
  • January 2009
  • February 2009
  • March 2009
  • May 2009
  • July 2009
  • October 2009
  • November 2009
  • December 2009
  • January 2010
  • February 2010
  • March 2010
  • April 2010
  • May 2010
  • July 2010
  • May 2011



  • Friends & Daily Reads

    Qeta
    Zee
    Isheeta
    Diane
    Samosa
    Brainy Jane
    Megaphone Diaries
    Third World View
    Daily Dose of Imagery
    Bangladesh Photography
    Postsecret
    Passive Aggressive Notes
    Fug Yourself
    @Tremendous News
    Global Voices
    Cake Wrecks


    Listings and Credits

    Powered by Blogger
    Blog designer @blogskins.com
    Daily Dose of Imagery for side-panel picture
    Flickr Beta


    Thanks! You are my visitor number,

    Tuesday

    A Katharine


    You Are a Katharine!

    You are a Katharine -- "I am happy and open to new things"

    Katharines are energetic, lively, and optimistic. They want to contribute to the world.

    How to Get Along with Me
    • * Give me companionship, affection, and freedom.
    • * Engage with me in stimulating conversation and laughter.
    • * Appreciate my grand visions and listen to my stories.
    • * Don't try to change my style. Accept me the way I am.
    • * Be responsible for youself. I dislike clingy or needy people.
    • * Don't tell me what to do.

    What I Like About Being a Katharine
    • * being optimistic and not letting life's troubles get me down
    • * being spontaneous and free-spirited
    • * being outspoken and outrageous. It's part of the fun.
    • * being generous and trying to make the world a better place
    • * having the guts to take risks and to try exciting adventures
    • * having such varied interests and abilities

    What's Hard About Being a Katharine
    • * not having enough time to do all the things I want
    • * not completing things I start
    • * not being able to profit from the benefits that come from specializing; not making a commitment to a career
    • * having a tendency to be ungrounded; getting lost in plans or fantasies
    • * feeling confined when I'm in a one-to-one relationship

    Katharines as Children Often
    • * are action oriented and adventuresome
    • * drum up excitement
    • * prefer being with other children to being alone
    • * finesse their way around adults
    • * dream of the freedom they'll have when they grow up

    Katharines as Parents
    • * are often enthusiastic and generous
    • * want their children to be exposed to many adventures in life
    • * may be too busy with their own activities to be attentive



    3 Comments:

    At 7:53 p.m., January 27, 2009, Blogger F.S.Kabir said...

    You are a Marilyn -- "I am affectionate and skeptical."



    Marilyns are responsible, trustworthy, and value loyalty to family, friends, groups, and causes. Their personalities range broadly from reserved and timid to outspoken and confrontative.






    How to Get Along with Me

    * * Be direct and clear
    * * Listen to me carefully
    * * Don't judge me for my anxiety
    * * Work things through with me
    * * Reassure me that everything is OK between us
    * * Laugh and make jokes with me
    * * Gently push me toward new experiences
    * * Try not to overreact to my overreacting.




    What I Like About Being a Marilyn

    * * being committed and faithful to family and friends
    * * being responsible and hardworking
    * * being compassionate toward others
    * * having intellect and wit
    * * being a nonconformist
    * * confronting danger bravely
    * * being direct and assertive




    What's Hard About Being a Marilyn

    * * the constant push and pull involved in trying to make up my mind
    * * procrastinating because of fear of failure; having little confidence in myself
    * * fearing being abandoned or taken advantage of
    * * exhausting myself by worrying and scanning for danger
    * * wishing I had a rule book at work so I could do everything right
    * * being too critical of myself when I haven't lived up to my expectations




    Marilyns as Children Often

    * * are friendly, likable, and dependable, and/or sarcastic, bossy, and stubborn
    * * are anxious and hypervigilant; anticipate danger
    * * form a team of "us against them" with a best friend or parent
    * * look to groups or authorities to protect them and/or question authority and rebel
    * * are neglected or abused, come from unpredictable or alcoholic families, and/or take on the fearfulness of an overly anxious parent




    Marilyns as Parents

    * * are often loving, nurturing, and have a strong sense of duty
    * * are sometimes reluctant to give their children independence
    * * worry more than most that their children will get hurt
    * * sometimes have trouble saying no and setting boundaries

     
    At 7:54 p.m., January 27, 2009, Blogger F.S.Kabir said...

    lol :) thought i'd share :)

     
    At 9:45 a.m., February 02, 2009, Blogger Tazzy said...

    thats too cute.
    i've always always admired Marilyn Monroe! and havn't you liked Katherine more?!

    See thats why we are friends :D

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home