Sunshine Too Brief

NYE_2008Portrait

All Contents copyright of
Tazzy at
tashuq78@gmail.com


I'm a self-absorbed Bengali-Torontonian;
Fish comes to me raw, wrappend in seaweed, not cooked in curry;
I love watching thunderstorms and rain;
Sad endings make more sense to me than happy ones;
I hate empty walls.

In the News

Craving of the week-
Dark Chocolate
Reading List-
Midnight's Children
Movie review(out of 5)-
127 hours- *****
Buried- ****
That Girl in Yellow Boots- **
Love of the week-
Seeing James Franco
Aim for the weekend-
Watch 'Going Postal' The Movie

My Novella: Samosa for the Arranged Souls

Introduction & Chapter 1

Chapter 2

Chapters 3, 4 & 5

Chapter 6

Chapter 6 continues

Chapter 7 & Epilogue


Archives
  • May 2004
  • June 2004
  • July 2004
  • August 2004
  • September 2004
  • October 2004
  • November 2004
  • December 2004
  • January 2005
  • February 2005
  • March 2005
  • April 2005
  • May 2005
  • June 2005
  • July 2005
  • August 2005
  • September 2005
  • October 2005
  • November 2005
  • December 2005
  • January 2006
  • February 2006
  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • October 2006
  • November 2006
  • December 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • November 2007
  • December 2007
  • January 2008
  • February 2008
  • May 2008
  • June 2008
  • July 2008
  • August 2008
  • September 2008
  • October 2008
  • November 2008
  • December 2008
  • January 2009
  • February 2009
  • March 2009
  • May 2009
  • July 2009
  • October 2009
  • November 2009
  • December 2009
  • January 2010
  • February 2010
  • March 2010
  • April 2010
  • May 2010
  • July 2010
  • May 2011



  • Friends & Daily Reads

    Qeta
    Zee
    Isheeta
    Diane
    Samosa
    Brainy Jane
    Megaphone Diaries
    Third World View
    Daily Dose of Imagery
    Bangladesh Photography
    Postsecret
    Passive Aggressive Notes
    Fug Yourself
    @Tremendous News
    Global Voices
    Cake Wrecks


    Listings and Credits

    Powered by Blogger
    Blog designer @blogskins.com
    Daily Dose of Imagery for side-panel picture
    Flickr Beta


    Thanks! You are my visitor number,

    Thursday

    Defibrillation (part 2)


    Defibrillation (part 2):- Where a 26 year old me drops by the apartment, finds me laying around on the sofa watching an episode of Big Bang Theory for the third time and decides to act like my mother and get me off it.
    Essentially annoy the hell out of me.

    Tazzy from 2005: Wake up wake up! Its Twenty Ten! Start of a new decade!
    Tazzy now: Who gives a F*** ?
    Tazzy from 2005- My God! Sulky much?
    Tazzy now: No. Bored, uninspired, sad, angry, fatalist maybe. But not sulky.
    Tazzy from 2005: Is that why you haven't put up any 'New Years Resolution' post on this blog like you do every year? Remember when you did it the first time?
    Tazzy now: I didn't do it every year. Wait, I did.
    Tazzy from 2005: Yes, You've been doing that for half a decade. You can't stop now.
    Tazzy now: Seriously? Half a decade? Gawd I'm lamer than I thought.
    Tazzy from 2005: Its not lame. It gets you doing stuff and keeps you sane. And lamer is not a word. I thought your writing would improve by now.
    Tazzy now: Why would you think that? I have no talent. You knew that.
    Tazzy from 2005: Oh stop being such a whiny baby. Think of some resolutions and put it up.
    Tazzy now: I don't want to.
    Tazzy from 2005: Yes you do. Now quick, before it hits February.
    Tazzy now: Why? Who cares if its February?
    Tazzy from 2005: I do. You always get more down in Jan and Feb. Moping around the place, staying in, avoiding people, acting all depressed when you know its all SAD.
    Tazzy now:*muttering under her breath* Do you have a point? Or are you here just to yell at me.
    Tazzy from 2005: Oh I know what your resolution can be. You can find a way to make the rest of winter more bearable. Get a project for that time. It'll keep you busy and you'll learn something. Like when you took up French, then salsa dancing or the gym.
    Tazzy now: I don't want to do any of them. And I do have a project already. I am making a wall hanging using the first Saree my dad bought me.
    Tazzy from 2005: Yeah? How is that going? Done yet?
    Tazzy now: Well I have the pieces and the bamboo stick its supposed to go on. I just have to cut out the loops and stitch it.
    Tazzy from 2005: So you have done nothing. Why are you even doing it? You hate stitching. Find something else. Look at this blog - She's so creative and fun. Making her own sunshine.
    Tazzy now: I am not crafty like her!
    Tazzy from 2005: Well true. But remember a week ago? When you couldn't find any of your bookmarks or any nice ones in the store and you made a bunch of your own bookmarks using old greeting cards, construction paper and string?
    Tazzy now: Thats hardly a project, Ms Wise ass. Plus I don't need anymore bookmarks.
    Tazzy from 2005: But didn't it make you feel better? Doing something? Instead of watching TV/movie on the computer until your eyes hurt or you fell asleep?
    Tazzy now: Yes. It did.
    Tazzy from 2005: There you go. You could do something that's a bit more ongoing. Something you could do every day. Something you'd actually like. And, to be honest. Those bookmarks are not half bad. Have you shown them to anyone?
    Tazzy now: Why would I do that? What is this? Facebook? Take a picture of every lame thing and post it so people can say 'cute' ? What am I? 26?
    Tazzy from 2005: Pictures! OMG you could take pictures!
    Tazzy now: What are you talkinga about?
    Tazzy from 2005: Take pictures. One every day for the month of February and post it on here. Like a photo journal of things that you like about February.
    Tazzy now: You might be onto something there. I love my new camera and I like photo editing. Plus I barely take pictures anymore ever since I've gotten all fat and ugly. Oh gawd. Maybe I should make 'being thinner' my resolution.
    Tazzy from 2005: Please. Thats so cliche.
    Tazzy now: And a photo journal isn't? Its 2010, loser. Everyone has one.
    Tazzy from 2005: Touche. But you don't. Come on, it'll be fun. Try and make it creative. Don't go taking pictures of your morning coffee everyday.
    Tazzy now: Hey! I like my morning coffee routine, sitting by my big windows,Tusch curled up near my feet, looking out to the city that I love.
    Tazzy from 2005: City? They are building a freaking condo across the street. You can't make those construction cranes look interesting in pictures.
    Tazzy now: You wanna bet? Feb 1st- first creative picture from my window of the construction cranes.
    Tazzy from 2005: You are ON!

    *Tazzy from 2005 walking away grinning to herself, "I'm so gullible"*

    1 Comments:

    At 6:52 p.m., January 28, 2010, Blogger F.S.Kabir said...

    Love the gullible u, 2010 :)

    Looking forward to the first picture :)

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home